These are articles that Barbara Buffton has written. They're available for your use. And they're absolutely free. Download, print, discuss, criticise and inwardly digest. We ask only that you credit Barbara Buffton as the author and do not alter the files, nor claim them as your own work, nor charge for their use. There will be more articles added on a regular basis.
Time management tips
'Read' a book in less than 10 minutes!
Change your words, change your perspective
Get some possibility thinking in your life
PDFs require Acrobat Reader which you can download for free from Adobe.
To top of page
The following are books we've read and enjoyed, some of them are pure business, others are more inspirational (no apologies for Barbara's book being in the list!). We hope you enjoy them too.
- Follow Your Dream by Barbara Buffton - available from
- How They Started (How 30 good ideas became great businesses) by David Lester
- Screw it, Let's do it by Richard Branson
- Get Out of Your Own Way by Robert K Cooper, PhD
- Seven Secrets of Inspired Leaders by Phil Dourado and Dr. Phil Blackburn
- Leadership and Self-Deception (Getting out of the box) by The Arbinger Institute
- Time to Think (Listening to ignite the human mind) by Nancy Kline
- The Leadership Challenge by Kouzes and Posner
- Shackleton's Way by Margo Morrell and Stephanie Capparell
- Get Everything Done by Mark Forster
- Your Best Year Yet by Jinny Ditzler
This list will be updated from time to time so why not earmark this as a favourite and come back for more inspiration!
To top of page
One of Barbara's heroes is Nelson Mandela. He used the following poem by Marianne Williamson (from 'A Return to Love')in his 'freedom' speech:
'We ask ourselves: Who am I to be brilliant, When someone lets their light shine, what do you see?
gorgeous, talented and fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of the universe.
Your playing small doesn't serve the world.
There is nothing enlightening about shrinking
so that other people won't feel insecure around you.
We are born to make manifest
the glory of the universe that is within us.
It is not just in some of us: it is in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,
we unconsciously give other people
permission to do the same.'
Do you give permission to others to fulfil their potential?
It's a great way to motivate people (and the pay-off for you? You just might get more committed people on your team). To top of page